Melbreck Technical Recruitment is committed to ensuring that the privacy of all parties we deal with, including but not limited to our clients, candidates, and users of our website, is both respected and protected.
We make every possible effort to comply with our obligations under both the Data Protection Act 1998, and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will only use any personal data or information we collect in accordance with this policy. If you ever find that this is not the case, please contact us in the first case at email@example.com
Please read this policy carefully to understand our approach and practices regarding personal data and how we will process and protect it. By visiting this website (www.melbreck.co.uk), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The Data Controller is Melbreck Technical Recruitment Limited, White Cross, South Road, Lancaster, LA1 4XQ
What we collect
Through your use of our website, filing in of forms on our website, or your communication with us by phone, email or other methods of communication, we may collect the following information or personal data from you:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including address, phone number/s, email address
- Your curriculum Vitae
- Your qualifications, work experience, previous job titles, personal description, and photograph
- ID such as passport, driving License or visa documentation
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Financial data to enable payments to be made to you/your business
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Technical data, including IP address, browser type and version, time zone, operating system and platform
- Data about your visit/s to our website, including URL, pages you viewed or searched for and page interactions
We may also receive some of the above information about you from third parties that we work closely with, such as job sites that you have registered with and allowed to share your personal data with us, LinkedIn, payment and delivery suppliers, analytics providers and credit reference agencies. We may combine this information you give us or that we collect from you for the purposes set out below.
What we do with the information we gather
We are a recruitment agency and business, and as such the first and foremost reason we will use the data we collect and that you supply to us will be to deliver the best service we can for you and our clients within this arena. We only use data to offer employment and work finding services.
To help us achieve this we will make use of the data we collect and process for the following reasons;
- To allow us to conduct up to date internal record-keeping and data analysis
- To improve our services to you
- To contact you to understand your needs, motivations and reasons for looking for a new job
- To assess your suitability for vacancies which we have and which we believe may be suitable for you
- To contact you via email, SMS or phone, or via LinkedIn, about vacancies that we believe you may be interested in and suitable for
- To maintain our business relationship with you, whether you are a candidate, job seeker or client
- To send your information and CV to companies and hiring managers for vacancies/jobs that they have, to assess your suitability for them. We will always ask you for verbal permission prior to submitting your details to a client with a live vacancy.
- To send your information and CV to businesses and managers that we know, who we believe may have an interest in your work experience, to create opportunities for you when you have told us that you would like us to help you in your search for a new role or career move. We will always ask you for verbal permission prior sending your details to companies and will ask if there are any businesses that you do not wish us to send your information and CV to.
- To enable you to submit your CV and personal details to us for specific vacancies we have, and for general applications when you wish to engage with us to help you in your search for future work.
- To fulfil contractual obligations we have with you, or with our clients
- To share with third parties that we have retained to provide you or our clients with services that you or our clients have requested,
- To monitor the performance of our website, and improve it to ensure that it gives the best user experience possible, and to allow users to interact with the website where they choose to do so
- To monitor and understand the effectiveness of our advertising, for jobs and for our services
- To comply with our legal obligations
- We do not engage in direct marketing or use data for this purpose. Should we do so at any point, we will first gain your permission, and you will be able to unsubscribe
Melbreck technical Recruitment Limited is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
Where we store information and your personal data
Information that you provide to us or that we gather will be held on our computers, our internal drives in the cloud using Microsoft 365, or our CRM system.
- The data we collect may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It will only be processed by our own staff within the EEA.
- The data we collect may be processed by staff who work for one of our suppliers or clients operating outside of the EEA. This will only be when they are engaged in the fulfilment or our services as described above. This is likely to be within payment provision companies, job sites, LinkedIn or one of our clients.
- By submitting your data to us, including personal data, you are agreeing to the transfer, storage and processing of your data as described above
- If we ever give you a password, or you ever create one to access parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential, and we ask that you do not share it with anyone for any reason
How long do we keep your information?
We will only retain your information for as long as we are able to provide a service to you, or if there is an accounting, record keeping, legal or statutory reason for us to do so. This will usually require us to retain your personal data after any business relationship (meaning that we secure an interview for you, place you in either a permanent or contract role or work on a vacancy for you as a client or hiring manager) has ended for accounts and records purposes, and to deal with any account support queries from our clients or suppliers.
In the case that we have never entered in to a business relationship with you of any kind as described in the paragraph above, then after processing and storing your data, if during any period we do not have any contact from you by either phone, email or text for a period of 12 months, all information and personal data we have processed and stored about you will be deleted completely from all of our the places that we store information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We also undertake regular vulnerability scans of our website and services to ensure that your data is safe.
The transmission of data and information vie the internet is never completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted from our site, therefore any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use our security procedures and features to try and prevent all unauthorised access.
Links to other Websites
This website contains links to other websites. This Privacy notice does not cover these links or websites. Please be aware that Melbreck Technical Recruitment Limited is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage all our users to be aware of when they are leaving our site, and to read the privacy policies of every website that may collect any personal data, or any information which may identify you.
You have the right to object to or withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data at any time. This may affect the services we are able to supply to you.
Where Melbreck Technical Recruitment Limited is the data controller, you are entitled to the following rights, subject to some legal exemptions;
- Right to be informed – to know that we hold and process your data
- Right of Access – to request a copy of the personal information we hold of which you are the data subject
- Right of Rectification – to have inaccuracies corrected
- Right to deletion (right to be forgotten) – to have your personal data erased by us
- Right to restrict processing – to restrict how we can process your data
- Right to data portability – to request your data to be ported
For further information on these rights, please visit the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/
Access to Information
You may request details of the information we hold about you under both the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you would like a copy, then please submit your request in writing to;
Melbreck Technical Recruitment Limited
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have any questions about this policy or about your personal information the please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org