PROJECT ENGINEER – Sandy, Bedfordshire – £45,000 to £55,000 plus benefits
Melbreck Technical are working with a very well known and industry leading specialist equipment manufacturer who supply some of the UK's most well known brands.
Due to a fantastic eighteen months they are actively looking to grow their technical team and as such are searching for a project engineer to join their business ASAP.
Project Engineer – Role Overview:
The primary duty of the Project Engineer is to take responsibility for contracts from the receipt of order and handover from the Sales team through to successful install and handover.
This will involve a close working relationship with the client, and ensuring all internal departments and staff are fully aware of the details of the contract and project timescales.
The project Engineer will be the primary point of contact for the customer throughout the life of the project, up to, and even beyond, the successful close out of the project.
Project Engineer – Main Duties:
- When assigned a project, the Project Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that all information from the Sales order is clearly understood, and expected delivery requirements captured. Where necessary they should arrange a Sales Handover meeting.
- Be responsible for Kicking off the internal Project and producing all the necessary project documentation.
- Ensure that the scope (including Layout, and P&ID) and project milestones are clearly communicated and agreed with the client.
- Once the Project is fully defined, be responsible for identifying all standard and non-standard equipment.
- Ensure that project scope is clearly communicated to the internal Design and Manufacturing teams, and milestone dates agreed, to ensure that there is no delay to the design or build of equipment.
- Ensure that all Project and Financial Milestones and tracked and met.
- Capture any changes to the project scope, and liaise with the sales team to ensure any additional costs quoted.
- Arrange the installation of all of the equipment.
Project Engineer – Candidate Experience & Qualifications Requirements:
- Experience in a similar role in a process engineering environment, special purpose machinery or special purpose equipment.
- Knowledge of machinery along with a basic understanding of electrical control systems would be highly beneficial.
- Ability to use AutoCAD LT to generate basic 2D equipment layout drawings and plant and instrumentation drawings to present to clients.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Commercial awareness to identify project variations.
- An understanding of the relevant aspects of Health and Safety legislation that apply to industrial machinery equipment and installations.
- UK Driving Licence required.
Project Engineer – Benefits:
Annual Bonus based on Company Performance
Free on-site parking
Hybrid Working (for some roles)
Flexible Working Policy
22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (increasing to 25 with service)
Sick Pay Scheme
THis is a great opportunity to work with a leading business with a forward thinking culture and one where you will make a real difference in the business with great opportunities for career progression. So if you are looking for your next role, get in touch and click APPLY NOW!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.