Area Sales Manager
Field based – South East Region
£35,000 – £45,000 OTE (very achievable) + Company Car + benefits package
Uncapped commission, so gives opportunity to earn more
Melbreck Technical are working exclusively with Screening Consultancy & Supplies Ltd (SCS), a fantastic, established business who deliver excellent service and who are supportive to their employees. As a company they are very customer service oriented and are well respected within their industry.
SCS have been in operation since 1991 and specialise in the design, manufacture and installation of synthetic screening surfaces and wear resistant linings to the mineral processing industry.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an Area Sales Manager to join their team. This role will cover the South East region. This is an established area that already regularly brings in £500K or more per year from existing, longstanding client relationships.
The person in the role can be regionally based (anywhere in the region working remotely) or be based from the company head office in Rugby (although as the role is field based, little time would be spent in the office). Mileage per year covered will be approximately 30,000, but this is not a target or limit.
- The main responsibilities of the Areas Sales Manager are as follows;
- Visit customers to maintain ongoing relationships (visiting customers 4 days a week, approx. 4-5 visits per day) This may involve going on to plant to measure products or look at issues.
- Build a knowledge base of the industry with specific regards to SCS products.
- Generate sales which will offer potential continuous relationships.
- Searching out new enquiries and following up on quotes and materials supplied.
- Measuring up on site for supply of materials.
- One day per week will be required to write up customer visit reports.
- The successful applicant will require the following experience and capabilities;
- Experience working in a field-based, area or regional sales role.
- Practical knowhow (e.g. measuring, sketch drawing, etc).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Effective time management and strong attention to detail.
- Clean driving license.
- Experience of selling equipment and service within mining, mineral processing, recycling, steel, cement, process plant or similar industries would be beneficial.
Certain parts of the role will involve working at height and climbing onto and over quarry plant equipment to measure up for various jobs, which will also sometimes mean getting dirty.
- Competitive base salary
- Incremental, uncapped sales commission. Very achievable OTE of £35,000 – £45,000 per annum, with potential to earn more.
- Company car (BMW 3-series or equivalent)
- 25 days holiday + 8 days statutory bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
In order to be considered for this Area Sales manager position, please click apply to send us your latest CV.
|Job Category||Engineering, Machinery, Manufacturing|
|Salary||£35,000 - £45,000 OTE|