Melbreck Technical is currently working with a designer and manufacturer of test systems and sensors based in Northamptonshire.
Our client is a globally recognised company involved in Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Motorsport, Automotive and Research markets.
Our client is looking for an Applications and Development Engineer to provide technical solutions to customer enquiries and study, research and develop ideas for new products and methods used to make them. Working on a wide range of rotating machinery, couplings and test rigs of bespoke design that must be functional and reliable, easy and safe to use, including modifying existing products or processes to increase efficiency or improve performance.
Duties in the role include:
- Support to new application and product enquiries.
- Produce innovative designs/ideas and create workable and cost-effective solutions.
- Assist in new product development and product improvement activities including brainstorming, design, analysis, supplier selection and testing.
- Create 3D CAD conceptual designs and 2D drawings.
- Collaborate with manufacturing, assembly and testing to build in-house R&D test rigs for new product development.
- The ability to conduct test schedules, document the results and present these findings clearly.
- Work on short and long-term projects both in managing, documenting and performing the project activities.
- The selection and specification of suitable equipment suppliers and processes.
- A 2.1 degree in Mechanical engineering with Aerospace/Automotive/Energy/Oil & Gas background together with 2 to 4 years of demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Ability to use CAD (preferably Creo Elements or SolidWorks) and FEA (preferably Ansys Workbench) tools.
- Ability to perform hand calculations for preliminary design, sizing and stress assessment of static and rotating components.
- Material selection and knowledge of conventional manufacturing processes.
- Ability to create and interpret engineering drawings and GD&T.
- Good understanding of Strength of Materials, Fatigue, Vibrations and Rotor dynamics.
Our client is offering an excellent benefits package to include contributory pension scheme, death in service and health insurance, together with a non-contractual annual profit share bonus. 25 days paid annual leave, plus statutory Bank Holidays.
Core hours of work are 37 per week based on Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:15 with ½ hour lunch break, and Fridays 08:30 – 12:30.
Company offers personal development and training opportunities.
Own transport plus a full UK driving licence will be required.
If you are interested in this role then please get in contact ASAP at the same time if you know of anyone who is looking and would be suitable for this role I would be really grateful if you could refer them to me.
|Job Category||Aerospace, Automation, Design, Manufacturing, Mechanical Design|
|Salary||up to £36,000pa|