Technical Sales Manager
circa £35,000 – OTE £45,000 with commission
JOB REFERENCE: 2555
Our client, a successful, growing electronics business based in the Lancaster area, is looking for a Technical Sales Manager. This role will involve working in their already established sales team of 6, and two other Technical Sales Managers.
To be a primary point of contact for customers with a clear focus on generating additional sales for the company. This will be achieved through converting self-generated leads and inbound enquiries in to confirmed orders. These orders will cover company and third-party products with the ultimate goal of increasing both revenue and profit.
- To actively produce sales for all company products appropriate to current business strategy by understanding customer needs and satisfying those requirements.
- To regularly provide feedback on existing and prospective markets, competitors, and customers and collaborate with the Sales Director to produce strategic sales plans.
- To provide regular plans to ensure that sales targets are met. This should include: Planned schedule of customer visits maximising travel and cost efficiency, and attendance and networking at trade events.
- Build relationships with customers across multiple levels within their business and maintain customer profiles to develop specific plans.
- To record customer interaction within the applicable business systems.
- To work within the sales team to ensure that sales and supplier enquiries are handled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Produce quotes that are accurate and specifically detailed to meet the customer requirements.
- To pursue all sales leads to the required level in order to maximise the opportunity for successful conversion into a sale. This requires the consistent monitoring of submitted quotes and continued evaluation of customer needs.
- To ensure that the customer requirements are captured, and that the resulting quotations meet those requirements and are delivered within the customers’ expectations.
- Provide on-site support for customer if it is deemed a requirement and appropriate.
- To ensure that all legal documentation is obtained and reviewed by a suitable delegate for each opportunity or sale.
- To collaborate with the engineering team to create proposals and quotes meeting the customers’ and company’s requirements.
- To maintain a position as the primary point of contact for the customer throughout their relationship with the company, generating action and accountability at all levels internally.
- To ensure that all relevant information is handed over from sales to engineering when a technical project is undertaken.
- To provide high levels of communication with the customer throughout the project development to ensure that their deliverable expectations are met or handled appropriately.
- To provide feedback to the Sales & Marketing Assistant and the Sales Director to assist in the development of marketing plans.
- Monitor the market for trends and opportunities and feed into the Sales Director.
- Provide insight into marker opportunity, customer need and technical requirements to assist in product definition and development.
- Take an active role in providing feedback and testing at specific points through product development.
- To manage stock and demonstration equipment made available to customers.
- To co-ordinate and manage loans to customers to support the selling story with the aim of generating additional sales.
- Background and experience in either Electronics/Electrical or Mechanical
- Experience of working in Technical Sales
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Demonstrable experience of generating own sales, and of client account management
- Demonstrable experience of perseverance in pursuing sales leads and maintaining a focused strategy to develop prospective customers
- Experience of promoting high standards and levels of communication with external customers, third parties and within companies
- The role will require Security Clearance, or the ability to be security cleared. This will require a UK passport holder due to the nature of the clients
- Prior experience of working within positioning, navigation or timing would be useful
- Experience of selling to customers within defence or the military would be useful
This is a fantastic opportunity with an exciting business. There will be the opportunity for growth and progression within the company.
If you are interested in this position then please apply with your latest CV, and you will be contacted with further information.
JOB REFERENCE: 2555
Contact: Owen Humphreys
|Job Category||Electronics, Engineering, Sales Management, Technical Sales|
|Salary||£35,000 + commission|