Job ID: 2645
£35,000 – £55,000 depending on experience
We have a fantastic opportunity with a dynamic, privately owned business in the UK. They already have an established presence in other countries, and already have significant market share in the UK after only two years of establishing their presence here.
This business has big plans, and as part of the next stage of their growth they now need an Technical Manager, who they can build a team around.
The company was established in 2000 in New Zealand to serve the Australasian market. They design and manufacture assistive living products (Telecare), and specialise in digital devices. They successfully launched in the UK 2 years ago, with contracts in place, and already have a big marker share in the UK.
The position is for a Technical Manager lead, build and manage the technical configuration team, to support customers within their move from analogue to digital services and monitoring, and to provide support and configuration work. The role will also work closely with the New Zealand R&D team with testing and implementation of new products as well as an element of local software programming to aid in the larger development of providing products to the UK and European market.
The Technical Manager will report to the UK CEO and will be based in Lancaster. The role will encompass some travelling throughout the UK to support customers and to attend trade and research events.
The role requires a positive and logical person, who can communicate at many levels and who has a passion for providing product solutions to customers. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a wide range of technical areas and be able to apply knowledge gained within other organisations and industries and apply this in to the digital assistive technology world.
- Be at the forefront of all that is technical through integration, networking, education, build and support
- Guide customers through integration of products, delivered through simulation and customer acceptance testing and signoff
- Help customers, internal and external stakeholders in support, troubleshooting and education
- Be responsible for and manage a team to provide technical configurations and governance in product and order release
- Work with the wider team in the UK and New Zealand to develop manuals and customer documentation
- Provide sales support where necessary and assist with trade shows
- Assist with the development process of new products and the implementation of existing products into the UK and European market
- Stay on top of emerging technologies and industry trends and provide direction and knowledge to the wider business
- Networking qualification (MCSA, MCSE or equivalent
- Software programming experience/knowledge – Python and/or C
- Good knowledge of electronic hardware
- Experience in a product supply setting
- Comfortable communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent customer based communication skills both via email and telephone
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to support in software development (Python)
- Experience within assistive living, telecare or the healthcare industry (by no means necessary)
- Experience within similar industries such as mobile connectivity, mobile telecoms, wearable tech, smart homes, security could also be useful
Personal Skills needed
- Logical thinking
- Flexible time management – to balance personal time in a dynamic working environment over multiple time zones
- Commitment to delivering high quality technical support
If you are interested in this position, then please apply with your latest CV, quoting job ID 2645 and you will be contacted with further information.
|Job Category||Electronics, Engineering, Manufacturing, Software Engineering, Telecommunications|
|Salary||£35,000 - £55,000|