System Engineer position with competitive benefits package which includes working from home, bonus, pension, health care cover and death in service.
I am recruiting for a System Engineer to join a global leader in motion controls system, providing precision engineered solutions for Aerospace, Climate Control, Electromechanical and Filtration.
The role is based at customer site in Uttoxeter area.
As a System Engineer you will work directly with customer engineering team to develop system solutions. This support covers activities for New Product Development Sustaining Engineering Projects and production issue investigation and support.
As a part of the role you will also be involved in sales groups to help identify sales opportunities.
System Engineer position responsibilities:
- Act as a technical interface between our engineering team and customers development team
- Develop the specification/ Customer Requirements Document and OEM on all platform applications using our products
- Develop the specification/Customer Requirements Document (CRD) required for engineering team to quote and develop the needed product, be it new product or modified mature product
- Develop, test release and support applicable Product Application Code
- Assist customer in vehicle integration and system testing of our products into the applicable platforms
- Work with onsite customer, Product Development and Sales and Marketing teams to identify, define and communicate the scope of innovative new or enhanced Standard or Custom Product opportunities for the company
- Manage Project scope changes:
*identify, document and analyse the impact of each proposed change
- Support Project communications
System Engineer position requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Software Engineering or a Technologist Diploma is preferred, however consideration will be given to candidates who possess a combination of relevant education and experience
- Proficiency is several of the following software development tools is highly recommended
- C/C++/C# Code
- Matlab/ Simulink/Stateflow
- IQAN, VMM or equivalent OEM proprietary software development tools
- Linux Application development
- Display GUI development tools (QT designer, Java, Crank Storyboard, etc.)
- Vector CANalyser/ CANoe
- Basic familiarity with the following industry Standards is highly recommended
- Safety Standards (ISO 13849/ IEC 61508 / ISO 26262)
- CAN communications (SAE J1939, ISO 11783)
- Environmental test specifications (ISO 7637, ISO 13766, SAE J1455, EN 60068, IEC 60529)
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision is required
- Previous experience in vehicle electronics or heavy vehicle motion control would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven ability to work effectively with people at all levels of a cross-functional, inter-company team
- Well-developed conflict resolution and negotiation skills
System Engineer position benefits package:
- Health care cover
- 3 days on site, 2 days to work from home
If you are interested in this role then please click on APPLY button.
|Job Category||Applications Engineer, Automotive, Construction, Controls & Instrumentation, Development Engineer, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Sales, Systems Engineer|
|Salary||up to £40,000 pa|