R&D Technician position with competitive benefits package and training. Apply now!
I am recruiting for a R&D Technician to join growing manufacturing business specialising in insulation and fire protection systems based in Gloucester area.
The Research and Development Technician will support New Product Development projects and technical support activities. The role is incredibly varied and exciting with tasks changing from day-to-day.
The role will involve supporting development chemists and engineers with the preparation of test samples. Test samples range from small-scale bench-sized pieces to large specimens that require large-scale, full production, manufacturing techniques so we are requiring candidates who are proactive self-starting problem-solvers who can work well in a team.
Additional training will be provided.
R&D Technician job responsibilities:
- Ensuring that work is undertaken in accordance with Quality and Health and Safety procedures and maintaining a clean and tidy work area.
- Manufacturing to exacting standards samples for sales, in-house testing and external testing.
- Undertaking in-house testing and validation of products.
- Supporting with product, process and equipment development.
- Undertaking application and commissioning trials.
- Hand preparation and laminating of composite materials.
- Manufacturing of wooden moulds.
- Organising and managing storage of samples, materials and tools/equipment.
R&D Technician skills required:
- Problem-solver. Self-starter.
- Can assess risks and works with Health and Safety at the forefront of their mind.
- Willingness and capability to learn.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Experience with use of manufacturing and processing equipment (e.g. mixers, presses, pressure vessels etc.).
- Familiar with machine shop and wood working tools.
- Experience of working with composites.
- Expertise in spraying (e.g. fire protection coatings, paints, fibre glass infused resins). Experience using Graco Mark V spray pump (or equivalent).
- Holding a Forklift and/or Bendi Forklift licence.
- Experience in the use of a furnace
R&D Technician position benefits package:
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Working hours 8:00 am- 4:45 pm (Monday to Thursday), 8:00 am- 12:30 pm (Friday)
If you are interested in this role then please click on APPLY button.
|Job Category||Engineering, Fire & Security, Graduate role, Scientific, Testing|
|Salary||up to £22,000 pa|