Main Duties and Account abilities
- Reporting to the Global Operations Director to give progress of assigned projects.
- Project tasks; including project start review. Whilst running project ensuring we meet time, cost and functionality of multiple projects.
- Project close review to check margins, continually ensuring the project meets our ISO9000 requirement , as well as various EC Directives
- To manage the projects on site, and ensure we comply to site safety (site safety supervisor qualification an advantage) needed to work on site in UK, abroad.
- Degree qualified
- Knowledge of Prince2 would be desirable.
- Sufficient experience to be able to see issues early
- Good communicator and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work with difficult and not so difficult customers.
- Motivated with a positive attitude and determination to ensure projects are driven forward
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel & Prince
- Flexible to a hands on approach as and when necessary.
- European languages will be beneficial.
- General active attitude to life, but ability to stay calm when needed.
Working knowledge and experience
The candidate is expected to have a strong knowledge of general engineering and the issues which bring projects together on time, especially with concurrent activity.
A wide understanding of the 3 engineering disciplines is needed projects include, mechanical (hydraulic), electronic control, and civil engineering.
The candidate should understand basic project accounting, profit & loss, margins etc.
- Experience of running projects at home and abroad
- Sense of urgency to push a project onward
- Liaison with in-house production team, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Liaising with customers and overseeing installations will require travel.
- Understanding of EC legislation : Machinery Directive.
- Awareness of and/or qualification of site safety