Melbreck Technical are working exclusively with the Parker Hannifin Corporation, who are the global leaders in motion and control technologies. Offering precision engineered solutions for Aerospace, Climate Control, Electromechanical and Filtration.
We are working with Parker to identify Graduate talent to join their business as part of their 2020 International Graduate Programme.
Parker Hannifin is known as the global leader in motion and control technology, this is a proud statement to be associated with, however many people do not realise the diversity of their products or where they are applied. To put it simply Parker products are everywhere, and they make the world move.
By starting your career at Parker, you will develop through multiple functional, technical and leadership training programmes, and experience new ways of working with your colleagues in a multicultural environment.
They offer you the opportunity to expand your competencies and apply your knowledge through your first industry specific role, by developing both your functional and technical skills, while building your network for future career opportunities.
For two years you will go through multiple assignments, including one abroad, discovering multiple roles and gathering various experiences.
As a business, Parker place value on your skills and experience, and are looking for individuals who bring innovation, entrepreneurial spirit and an appetite for complex work, as you will be working on high impact projects in engineering or working within their specialist operational functions.
You will work hard, develop professionally and personally, and get a broader understanding of Parker as a global company.
A career at Parker is really rewarding, as they are offering you real opportunities to make a difference, and this will take you straight from university to real career opportunities in the future.
Even though they have been in operation for over 100 years, Parker still has family values at the heart of everything they do. Their success to date is built on the engagement of their employees, long term successful relationships with their customers and distributors, which has allowed them to deliver outstanding innovation, whilst improving their financial performance.
International Supply Chain Management Graduate Programme Overview:
The supply chain and procurement functions are an integral part of Parker’s success, and they have dedicated Procurement and Supply Chain teams across their divisions throughout the world and the UK.
Parker works with their suppliers to ensure they are sustainable and comply with their standards of responsibility and ethics.
Sourcing raw materials and purchased parts from suppliers at the right price and quality affects Parker products directly, so the supply chain function has always been a key area within their business.
The role will see you being based in several divisions over a two-year period, with eighteen months being spent in the UK and six months in Mainland Europe.
You will be responsible for delivering business results from day one whilst you work alongside some of their most successful people to gain new skills and get their support.
You will have maximum exposure to the business management team and deal with challenging situations that will push your professional development in a positive direction.
International Supply Chain Management Graduate Programme Job Purpose and Responsibilities:
- In the two years of your development programme you will get to know their business and work in Logistics & Supply Chain .
- Work at Manufacturing Plants, in Divisions, and in Customer Service.
- Rotate twice per year and will be at least in two countries .
- Learn how to generate the preparation and communication of the rolling forecast (S&OP).
- Implement, monitor and expand Processes to balance on-time delivery and inventories.
- Ensure the management of goods receipts incl. prioritization in order to avoid capacity constraints .
- Work in Customer Service and Key Account Managements to meet the customer requirements and provide solutions for logistic issues .
- Work in a warehouse from goods receive, to put-away, storage, pick & pack to ship in close collaboration with their Lean teams.
- Handle complaints, derive improvements and implement solutions to improve their supply chain quality matrix.
- Take responsibility for your own projects to further imporve their supply chain performance.
- Actively assist the day-to-day business of the Logistics Manager.
International Supply Chain Management Programme Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or business administration and ideally one year work- or internship experience in a Logistic / Supply Chain or Engineering environment .
- Preferably first exposure to manufacturing facilities and processes .
- First hand experience in project management is a plus .
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills .
- Process-driven, organised and disciplined .
- Ability to learn all aspects of a commercial business quickly.
- Strong analytical thinking as well as problem solving skills and sense of costs awareness .
- Initiative, self-starter approach, and strong communications skills .
- Good team player with a challenger mentality .
- A desire to gain international experience and openness to different cultures.
International Supply Chain Management Graduate Programme hours and benefits:
Typically, your hours of work will be 37.5 hours per week, but the times that you are working from Monday to Friday may change depending on the division you work for at that specific time.
You will be automatically enrolled into the company pension scheme after your first two complete months of employment.
They offer a bonus scheme which you will be eligible for after your first successful six months in the business.
International Supply Chain Management Graduate Programme Summary:
You will be involved in one of the most challenging, fast paced, developmental and rewarding of Graduate Programmes, where you will be working in a challenging environment with amazing employees to create game changing innovations.
The programme will develop you more than you ever thought possible as Parker nurtures restless minds and people who think differently, whilst offering you an open, inclusive and multicultural environment.
If you are interested in this role and would like to find out more, please apply to this advert or get in contact with Mathew Church on 01183913791
International Graduates @ Parker, Let’s put your career in Motion!
|Job Category||Engineering, Supply Chain|