Installation & Validation Technician
£27,052 (possibly flexible depending on experience)
Our client is a leading provider of cleanrooms and contamination control products to a wide range of high-end manufacturing and healthcare sectors in the UK and internationally.
They have created a unique, values driven and positive company culture which provides support for employees to grow their career within the company. Mentorship and coaching are available for all employees providing the opportunity for continuous professional development and career advancement.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Installation & Validation Technician to join their values driven and award-winning team.
The installation and Validation Technician reports to the Installation & Validation Manager. In this role you will deliver and maintain cleanroom solutions in a developing and growing, privately owned engineering business.
You will join a team of ten in the operations department. You will work closely with the Installation & Validation Manager and other Installation & Validation Technicians and Engineers in providing cleanroom solutions for the company’s UK and international customers. You will have the opportunity to build relationships with your customers and provide solutions to assist in the operation of their cleanrooms.
This role will involve extensive travel both across the UK and internationally.
The Installation & Validation Technician must ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of cleanroom installations and validations, and that they are carried out both to the company and customers’ expectations and standards, so that the dual objectives of very high customer satisfaction levels and the maximisation of company profitability are simultaneously achieved.
The person in the role must undertake sufficient training for the role and comply with the company’s operational management system (ISO 9001-2008), and ensure that all installations being performed on behalf of the customer are completed to the required specification and standards, efficiently and on time. They must also liaise with the operations team to ensure all materials and labour are available in the right place at the right time. They must also communicate and interact constructively with the operations team and all other departments in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Engineering or installation experience
- 5 GCSE’s grade C or above including English and Maths (or equivalent)
- MS Windows office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Commercial awareness
- Project and time management
- IT Literate & numerate
- Ability to plan ahead
- Ability to solve problems
- Able to respond positively to pressure
- Good time management and high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Full, clean UK driving license
- Full UK/EU passport with no travel restrictions
- Ability to travel and stay away from home
- Willing and able to undertake specialised training for cleanroom validations
- Physically fit and able to work in restrictive spaces or at height
- BTEC, HNC or degree in mechanical engineering (or equivalent)
- Cleanroom technology training or experience
- Site lead experience
- Experience of working within an SME
- Experience of AC installation (FGAS) or Asceptic environments and testing would be very beneficial
Along with a competitive salary for the right person, the business also offers:
Full induction and orientation
- Training and development
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Health Care Scheme
- Mentoring & coaching specialist programmes
- Team building activities
- Corporate social responsibility schemes
This is a great opportunity for someone to join a fantastic company with an amazing working environment, and to join a team who are all proud of what they do.
If you are interested in this position and feel that you have the required knowledge and experience, then please apply with your latest CV and you will be contacted with more information.
|Job Category||Building Services, Manufacturing|