Health and Safety Manager
Melbreck Technical are working with a world leading designer and manufacturer of special purpose and bespoke systems used in the marine an offshore industry
Due to a very successful 2019 they are looking to strengthen their operations and quality functions and as such are looking to hire a Health and Safety Manager, which is a new role, to join their busy facility in Plymouth on an initial 12 month FTC.
Health and Safety Manager overview:
The health and safety manager will ensure that all the necessary procedures, processes and controls are in place to support and lead the delivery of a safe working environment, identifying opportunities to continually improve safety performance, advise and support the management team on all safety, health, environment and fire matters to ensure the company complies with its statutory obligations and group policies.
Health and Safety Manager key responsibilities:
- Maintain the HSE Management system in accordance with group procedures.
- Carry out monitoring and measuring activities on HSE key performance indicators
- Ensure a good standard of record keeping is maintained.
- Ensure adequate procedures, work instructions and risk assessments are in place to meet HSE requirements and assist with their creation where required.
- Support, guide and advise employees to conduct Risk Assessments on activities within their department ensuring that the methods and systems of work are safe. Also, that the necessary procedures, rules and regulations designed to achieve this are formulated, published and applied.
- Recommend and support the implantation of control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees.
- Conduct health and safety audits and prepare reports highlighting issues and recommendations for improvement
- Maintain and drive the delivery of the businesses Safety, Health, Environment and Fire Action Plan, identifying relevant action owners and monitor performance
- Record and document all near misses, accidents and injuries, and, investigate or assign investigators to set corrective actions, accordingly, providing them with advice and guidance where necessary
- Advise, record and support implementation of corrective actions agreed after any workplace inspection, audit, or incident investigation by the arranged date
- Monitor trends and prioritise areas that require improvement
- Highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance
- Support production teams with identifying relevant training requirements and updating training matrix, ensuring all employees and sub-contractors are suitably trained/competent to carry out the prescribed task and that the necessary licenses/certificates of competence are in force and appropriate.
- Identify new techniques and initiatives for improving safety, health, fire and environment
- Provide assistance and advice to other departments on HSE matters.
- Deliver new employee and visitor inductions as and when required.
- Maintain environmental, health & safety legal compliance on site.
- Ensure all safety, health, environment and fire incidents are recorded and investigated in a timely manner and closed out effectively.
- Assist with carrying out and arranging of training where required.
- Manage and maintain local continuous improvement and objectives plan.
- Promote company vision of HSE responsibility at all levels.
Health and Safety Manager candidate attributes:
Relevant professional safety management qualification and/or have at least 5 years’ experience in a safety management related role, preferably in a manufacturing or engineering environment although other backgrounds will be considered.
Health and Safety Manager salary, hours and benefits:
£30,000 to £35,000 salary (although this is flexible depending on your experience)
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Hours: 08.00 to 16.45 Monday to Thursday and 08.00 to 12.30 on Friday
If you are interested in this fantastic role then please click apply to get your application started ASAP!
|Salary||£30,000 to £35,000|