Melbreck Technical are working with a global leader in the engineering sector who specialise in fluid control, filtration, and pneumatics.
Every year, they look to identify a supply chain graduate to join the business on their Supply Chain Management Development Programme.
They are now looking to identify the candidate to start in September 2019, who is not just looking for an ordinary graduate scheme, but is looking to develop their career long term, with an aspiring and inclusive industry leader.
The starting salary is £25,000.
The Supply Chain Management Development Programme is made up of four placements covering a total of two and a half years, across three sites in the UK and one in Mainland Europe.
The scheme is designed to enable you to gain the skills, knowledge and experience in engineering and business functions across divisions in the UK and EMEA. Therefore, it is ESSENTIAL you are mobile and happy to relocate every six to eight months.
The work undertaken will be challenging and business critical, giving you exposure to different areas of the business and contact with senior stakeholders in the company.
This role offers a challenging environment with the best employees dedicated to creating game changing innovations. They are an open minded an inclusive organisation with an international culture where you will have colleagues from all over the world. This role offers fast development and the possibility to learn something new every day
Full support will be given throughout the programme to work towards a professional accreditation (e.g. CIPS).
You will be responsible for delivering business results from day one where you can take charge of your career and ensure it develops the way you want it to. You will work alongside some of our most successful people, to gain new skills and get their support and have have maximum exposure to the business management team.
Outline of Job:
In your trainee program you will get to know our business and work in Logistics & Supply Chain
You will work at Plants, Divisions and in Customer Service
You will rotate up to two times per year and you will likely spend sometime in Mainland Europe as part of your rotation.
You will learn how to generate the preparation and communication of the rolling forecast (S&OP)
You will implement, monitor and expand processes to balance on-time delivery and inventories
You need to ensure the management of good receipts incl. prioritization in order to avoid capacity constraints
You will work in Customer Service and Key Account Managements to meet the customer requirements and provide solutions for logistic issues
You will work in a warehouse from goods receive, to put-away, storage, pick & pack to ship in close collaboration with our Lean teams.
You will handle complaints, derive and implement solutions out of to increase our supply chain quality matrix.
You will take responsibility for your own projects to further improve our supply chain performance or/and safe costs
You will active assist the day-to-day business of the Logistics Manager and exposure up to the EMEA board will be ensured
Necessary qualifications and personal skills:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or businesses administration and approximately one year work- or internship experience in a Logistic / Supply Chain or Engineering environment
- Preferably first exposure to manufacturing facilities and processes
- First experience in project management is a plus
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
- Process-driven, organised and disciplined
- Ability to learn fast the in&outs of the commercial business
- Strong analytical thinking as well as problem solving skills and sense of costs awareness
- Initiative, self-starter approach, and strong communications skills
- Good team player with a challenger mentality
- International experience and openness to different cultures
- Living of our core values: Achievement, Entrepreneurship, Ownership and Partnership
- Fluency in English is compulsory. Any additional language is a plus, as you will develop your career internationally
This is a fantastic opportunity that will give you a massive head start in your career. Applications must be made by the 14th of March and you must be able to attend interviews on the following dates: 25th and 26th of March, 2nd and 3rd of April.
|Job Category||Purchasing, Supply Chain|