Competitive Salary + 25 days holiday + contributory pension
Melbreck Technical are working exclusively with Amsafe Bridport, a world leader in the design and manufacture of complex engineered textile solutions.
These solutions are used for the safety and securement needs of the global aerospace and defence markets.
They specialise in engineering quality and innovative products that withstand dynamic environments and offer the highest protection.
With manufacturing operations and service facilities around the globe, they have the reach to provide solutions to their customers worldwide.
As a business they believe in developing their staff for the future and following a recent high-profile promotion internally, they are now looking to appoint an Engineering Manager within their business based in Bridport, Dorset.
Engineering Manager Job Purpose and Overview:
The successful candidate will be managing the Airframes Engineering Department, and will be responsible for ensuring it functions effectively and efficiently for the business.
You will provide the strategic plans, the leadership and the drive for engineering within the Airframes Business Unit.
You will be responsible for continuing the development of their engineers, both graduate and experienced.
It will be your responsibility to ensure that projects undertaken by Airframes Engineering are completed on time and to the satisfaction of their customers, both internal and external, as well as the certifying authorities.
Engineering Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the Airframes Engineering team to deliver the businesses vision.
- Provide strategic plans for Airframes Engineering.
- Ensure that systems and procedures are in place to ensure an effective and efficient Engineering function that fulfils the needs of customers.
- To work closely with the Vice President and senior management team to develop strategic plans to grow the business and maximise its efficiency.
- To comply with all relevant regulatory and legal requirements and company policy and procedures.
- To represent AmSafe on Engineering matters to customers and other external bodies.
- Participation in design reviews when required.
- To take part in regular project reviews with staff from Engineering and other parts of the company and be available for informal consultations between reviews.
- To provide input during the manufacture of prototypes and during trials.
- To sign off projects once they are completed to your satisfaction.
- To promote a culture of continuous improvement and support the continuous improvement programme.
Engineering Manager Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
The role requires an educational standard to minimum Degree level in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Considerable evidence of successful leadership and line management experience.
A minimum of five years’ experience gained in a highly regulated engineering environment, such as aviation, defence or heavy industry is essential.
Evidence of well-developed and proven project management skills and multiple project/task management.
Experience of FEA and CAD is desirable.
Good Computer Literacy is essential.
A valid driving licence and a willingness to travel in the UK and abroad (dependent on conditions of current pandemic) is essential.
Required to have above average numeric skills and able to understand complex formulae.
Required to provide accurate documentation and to analyse information for reports.
Engineering Manager Hours and Benefits:
Typically, your hours of work will be 37.5 hours per week, but the times that you are working from Monday to Friday may change depending on the workload.
You will be automatically enrolled into the company pension scheme after your first three complete months of employment.
You will have 25 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays.
Engineering Manager Summary:
You will be involved in one of the most challenging, fast paced, and rewarding environments with a fantastic business who are looking to offer the very best complex engineered textile solutions in the market and innovating world-class products and services.
You will have the opportunity to not only develop yourself more, but also develop the team around you, whilst offering you an open, inclusive, and multicultural environment, in a business that encourages personal growth and teamwork.