Melbreck Technical are working with a leading designer and manufacturer of special purpose equipment and machinery based near Heathrow.
Due to a planned expansion of their technical capability they are looking to strengthen their Electrical Design capability and as such are looking to secure an Electrical Design Engineer on a permanent basis ASAP.
Purpose of the role:
Conduct design of equipment that interfaces with hydraulic control systems to external electrical systems, which includes hydraulic pumps, motors, sensors, solenoids, emergency stops etc.
Main Duties and Account abilities
- Engineering and design of electrical systems, which are connected to single phase or three phase mains supply.
- Design of Emergency Stop and other safety systems including guard switches.
- Design of cable, wire harness, and other interconnects.
- Specify a wide range of components that meet the project requirements (such as motors including soft-starters).
- Design and specify electrical equipment enclosures.
- Responsible for drawing electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and creating bills of materials for customer projects using CAD (SEE Electrical).
- Liaise with a small multi-function team of mechanical, electronic, software and hydraulic engineers.
- Understand and supervise the implementation of the latest Electrical and Wiring standards.
- Communicate with suppliers to assist the Purchasing department.
- Help with testing and debugging of equipment.
- Create procedures and documents to support the implementation of electrical equipment.
- Communicate with customers to understand their specific electrical requirements.
- Some travel to work on site at customer projects at home and abroad.
- Drawing schematics/diagrams using CAD
- Machine System Design
- Emergency Stop and Safety circuits
- Motor Controllers and Soft-starters
- Mains switchgear
- Relay circuits including special functions such as timer, latching etc
- 3 Phase mains supplies
- PLC Programming
- Mechanical design of enclosures
- International Electrical and Wiring Standards
- Practical electrical assembly
- HND/HNC Qualification as a minimum
Salary details are confidential and will be discussed on application.
If you are interested in this role then please get in contact ASAP with the following reference number: #2400