Buyer and Materials Controller
Melbreck Technical are working with a world leading designer and manufacturer of special purpose and bespoke systems used in the marine an offshore industry.
Buyer and Materials Controller role overview:
The buyer and material controller will work directly for the procurement manager, primarily identifying, procuring and controling the goods, materials and services required by the business. This will cover a range of procurement activities as well as supporting production with materials planning and programming on a daily basis.
Buyer and Material Controller responsibilities:
- Processing BOM (Bill of Materials) / procurement of raw materials to facilitate production
- Meeting and exceeding projected GPM targets.
- Identify and procure services to support all parts of the business
- Monitor and control supplier ETAs based on purchase order expected lead times.
- Liaising with suppliers daily.
- Negotiating pricing, quantity and terms and conditions with suppliers.
- Assisting sales with material costs/availability.
- Budget tracking and analysis.
- Processing ‘new suppliers’ and administering AVL.
- Processing of accounts queries.
- Attending supplier meetings.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders.
- Materials planning and programming:
- Coordinate and plan materials, components and services in line with production requirements
- Support daily material control and booking with goods in/out and production cell leaders
- Coordinate daily stock control and bookings, stock handling, stock locating and picking of jab materials/components with Goods in/out and production cells to achieve on time delivery to cost and quality
- Monitoring stock/trends to ensure production materials are always facilitated.
- Inventory control and planning
- Support and improve daily production consumable control and management, monitoring trends and providing reports and guidance on improvements
- Updating and logging of materials and stock on the company’s IT systems
- Deal with any issues relating to stock discrepancy or quality
- Design and coordinate a waste management plan for the disposal of scrap and surplus material
- Provide cover in absence of procurement manager.
Buyer and Material Controller Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Qualification in procurement, or 1-2 years’ experience of buying/material control, preferably in a manufacturing or engineering environment although other backgrounds will be considered.
- Be able to communicate at all levels with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound business acumen.
- Good mathematical/analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
Buyer and Material Controller Salary, Hours and Benefits:
£30,000 to £35,000 salary (although this is flexible depending on your experience)
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Hours: 08.00 to 16.45 Monday to Thursday and 08.00 to 12.30 on Friday
If you are interested in this fantastic role then please click apply to get your application started ASAP!
|Job Category||Supply Chain|
|Salary||£20,000 to £25,000|